In this section we’re getting you started on some simple beginner exercises. These are all pre-Grade 1 level and are designed to help you get started with basic beats and reading drum music.
- How to Read Drum Music
- Drum Kit Notation
- Note Names & Values
- Rhythm & Rests Exercises (Parts 1-4)
- Your First Drum Beat
- Straight 8’s Exercises
- Rhythm & Rests Exercises (Parts 5-8)
- Beginner Drum Fills
Any questions? Ask the community!
Beginner Drums is ONLY for Beginners! There’s no such thing as a stupid question and everyone on here is of the same ability as you. So ask away, share your experiences or just post something interesting about drums!
- Subscribe to Beginner Drums on YouTube
- Like Beginner Drums on Facebook
- Follow Beginner Drums on Twitter