- Exam Duration: 15 mins
- Exam Price (UK): £39 (from 1 Sept 2016)
- Group A (pick two):
- Belfast to Peru
- In the Pocket
- Squibnocket Waltz
- Group B (pick one):
- Song for a Small Boy
- 2 x Accompanied ‘Group A’ Pieces (22 marks each)
- 1 x Solo ‘Group B’ Piece (22 marks)
- 2 x Technical Exercises *1 (14 marks)
- 2 x Supporting Tests from the Following *2:
- Sight Reading (10 marks)
- Unpitched Aural (10 marks)
- Time Signature Recognition
- Style Recognition
- Identify the Changes
- Improvisation (10 marks)
- Musical Knowledge (10 marks)
*1 – You must prepare all 3 technical exercises but you only play 2 in the exam – you pick one, the examiner picks the other.
*2 – The vast majority of candidates select Sight Reading and Unpitched Aural for their supporting tests.
- Pass: 60-74
- Merit: 75-86
- Distinction: 87-100
Any questions? Ask the community!
Beginner Drums is ONLY for Beginners! There’s no such thing as a stupid question and everyone on here is of the same ability as you. So ask away, share your experiences or just post something interesting about drums!
- Subscribe to Beginner Drums on YouTube
- Like Beginner Drums on Facebook
- Follow Beginner Drums on Twitter